Sunday, March 11, 2012

Celtic!

It has been a while since my last post, but I had a fair reason: midterms! But before I started to get some studying done, I went to see a Celtic game. Seeing either a Celtic or Rangers game is definitely a thing you want to put on your bucket list for Glasgow! We started the afternoon by going to a pub along with all other Celtic fans. The atmosphere was absolutely amazing. Before entering the stadium, we bought some Fish & Chips to eat during the match. The first half wasn’t that good, but the second half was much better. Glaswegians take their football pretty serious, and it is very cool to be part of that.



That same week I had to start studying for the first time while I was here. I had two class tests, one for Financial Analysis and one for Treasury Management & International Finance. The teachers have yet to grade the tests, but I will let you guys know how I did in my next blog. The class tests are on average not too bad. And compared to Tilburg I would say it’s a bit easier.



This weekend we explored Glasgow even further. We went to the museum of transportation, which is absolutely a must do as well. It’s free, it’s fun and there are lot of things to see. However from campus it’s a hour walk, but a good way to explore Glasgow! That evening I went out for dinner with a couple of friends to an Indian place. I must say that in restaurants and bars you have to be alert for people trying to rip you off (It’s definitely the exception, not the rule!), because some restaurants tend to do that when they notice you are a foreigner. However when you do pay attention, there should be no problem. After dinner we went to the Nice & Sleazy which is definitely my favorite pub in Glasgow. The atmosphere is great, the drinks are good and they play nice music.


Today I went to St. Andrews with my flat mates and two others. It took us 2.5 hours to get there by bus, but it was totally worth the travel. After missing the sun for two months, it was a pleasant surprise to see the sun shining for a full day in St. Andrews. The weather on the east coast is significantly better than that on the west coast! We visited and old burned out church, which was pretty cool. Thereafter we visited the University of St. Andrews where almost every person of the Royal family studied and of course the golf courses, since St. Andrews is the home of golf. That’s it for now, in two weeks I will be visiting Dublin!

8 comments:

  1. Good-day,

    I'm Mr. Carlos Stev. A reputable, legitimate & accredited lender. We give out loan of all kinds in a very fast and easy way, Personal Loan, Car Loan, Home Loan, Student Loan, Business Loan, Inventor loan, Debt Consolidation. etc

    Get approved for a business or personal loans today and get funds within same week of application. These personal loans can be approved regardless of your credit and there are lots of happy customers to back up this claim. But you won’t only get the personal loan you need; you will get the cheapest one. This is our promise: We guarantee the lowest rate for all loans with free collateral benefits.

    We strive to leave a positive lasting impression by exceeding the expectations of my customers in everything I do. Our goal is to treat you with dignity and respect while providing the highest quality service in a timely manner.

    No social security Number required and no credit check required, 100% Guaranteed.

    So email: carlos_stev@yahoo.co.uk today to apply for a LOAN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everyone I am Daniel Steve from Texas, USA. I will like to share the goodness of God in my life after so many months of trying to get a loan on the internet and was been scammed so i became restless and desperate in getting a loan from a legit lender online. But as God would have it, i saw a comment from a friend called William Ken and he talked about this legit loan company where he got his loan fast and easy without any stress so he introduced me to a man called Mr Mason Diego who controls a firm called Diego Loan Company, So i applied for a loan sum of ($170,000.00USD) with low interest rate of 2%, so the loan was approved and deposited into my bank account in less than 48hrs, that was how i was able to get back on my feet to keep my broken business running and also to pay off my bills so i am advising everyone of you who is interested in getting a loan without collateral, no credit check, no co signer with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans/ schedule, to please contact Mr Mason Diego. You can contact him through his email: diegoloancompany@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $$$ GENUINE LOAN WITH 3% INTEREST RATE APPLY NOW $$$.
      Do you need finance to start up your own business or expand your business, Do you need funds to pay off your debt? We give out loan to interested individuals and company's who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us.
      Email: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com

      LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS.
      First Name:
      Last Name:
      Date Of Birth:
      Address:
      Sex:
      Phone No:
      City:
      Zip Code:
      State:
      Country:
      Nationality:
      Occupation:
      Monthly Income:
      Loan Amount:
      Loan Duration:
      Purpose of the loan:
      Email: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com


      $$$ GENUINE LOAN WITH 3% INTEREST RATE APPLY NOW $$$.
      Do you need finance to start up your own business or expand your business, Do you need funds to pay off your debt? We give out loan to interested individuals and company's who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us.
      Email: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com

      LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS.
      First Name:
      Last Name:
      Date Of Birth:
      Address:
      Sex:
      Phone No:
      City:
      Zip Code:
      State:
      Country:
      Nationality:
      Occupation:
      Monthly Income:
      Loan Amount:
      Loan Duration:
      Purpose of the loan:
      Email: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. Do you need an urgent loan or financial assistance? Do you want to
    start a new business or you want to clear off your debt? We offer easy
    approval and fast transfer to capable customers under a low interest
    rate. Apply now and change your life contact Mr Johnson on
    charitycorporationafrica@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. TRUSTED LENDER (LEXIELOANCOMPANY@YAHOO.COM)
    My name is Michael Lee a citizen of Illinois, USA. i have been scammed by 7 different Internet international lender, they all promise to give me a loan after making me pay several fees which yield nothing and amounted to no positive result. i lost my hard earn money and it was a total of 23930USD. One day as i was browsing through the internet with tears on my eye i came across a testimony of man who was also scammed and eventually got linked to a legit loan company called MARTINEZ LEXIE LOAN COMPANY where he finally got his loan, so i decided to contact the same loan company and then told them my story on how i have been scammed by 7 different lenders who did nothing but to course me more pain. I explain to the company by mail and all they told me was to cry no more because i will get my loan in their company and also i have made the right choice of contacting them. I filled the loan application form and proceeded with all that was requested of me and to my greatest suprise my loan was granted to me without further delay and here i am today happy because Martinez Lexie Loan Company HAS GIVEN ME A REASON TO LIVE, so i made a vow to my self that i will keep testifying on the internet on how i got my loan. You are to contact this GODSENT LENDER via Email: Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com OR Text +18168926958


    ReplyDelete
  5. I as of late ran over your blog and have been perusing along. I figured I would leave my first remark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog while searching for social work writers and finds it amazing. A social work capstone project requires a student to design and implement a project that demonstrates that he/she understands the values, ethics, and knowledge necessary for doing social work. This kind of project aims at testing how good a student can apply the knowledge and skills learned in class in solving community issues. Learn more from Social Work Capstone Paper .

    ReplyDelete
  7. This article has brought to an end my long internet search thank you. So what is GIS? It is a science, technology and method concerned with capturing, storing, manipulating and analyzing spatial and geographical data. So why do you need to buy GIS assignments? Since Geographic Information System encompasses wide technologies, methods and tools it is highly complex and so is its operations and applications; therefore, students need guidance when studying GIS. Because of the complexity of these assignments, its advisable to see GIS assignment help from us. Read more on GIS Assignment Writers

    ReplyDelete