Friday, March 16, 2012

Education and St Patrick's day



How are all you guys doing? In Ireland everybody is very excited since tomorrow is St Patrick’s day. This is the national celebration day in Ireland and you can compare it maybe a little bit with Queensday. However according to all the stories this should be even better. As some Irish people told me ‘St Patrick’s day is the time to make the tourist think that all their prejudices about Irish people are true’. It is expected that more than 700.000 green people will infiltrate Dublin city center and will drink for the full 24 hours. I hope it is going to be crazy!!!  Luckily we are also free Monday  from our lectures to recover. 


Talking about lectures… Many times people ask me what actually are the differences in the style of education over here. More than I expected on beforehand, the style of teaching is completely different from the Netherlands. To give you an impression:

The information about courses is very old fashioned and unpractical. To give an example, it is impossible to get your personal lectureschedule on your Blackboard page. So it is like the first year of highschool. Get a hardcopy of the timetables and mark the classes you have and in which room you have to be.
Not only the information is old-fashioned, also the administration here is lacking years behind if you compare it to Tilburg.  If you want to register here for a course and its exam, you have to fill in a paper and hand it in at the Student Union department. Also handouts of lectureslides are not available on blackboard, you have to go to an external website to find them.  However, some teachers are very helpful and print the slides for you themselves. That’s what I call service;) 

 
Not only with printing, but also in general the teacher here are more involved with the students. They also know your name and greet you when they see you at the campus. Furthermore it is not a problem if you enter a class too late. Some kindness teachers at our university can learn something from… Also teacher take your input very seriously. One of the teachers ask every lecture whether the things he tells us makes sense, like we know:P. 

Next to the teachers, the learning style is totally different from the Tilburg as well. Almost every course here has a tutorial were you have to be present (because your grade depends for 5% on it and the teacher knows your face.) Like this is not enough, during these tutorials you really have to participate in discussion or even worse they ask you to give an extensive answer on the questions you had to do for homework. Preparation is sometimes a key word in Trinity. However, I notice that for me this is a very good trigger to do my homework. Hopefully this will pay off when I get my exams in may.   

That’s it for today! I’m going to prepare myself for the big Irish party tomorrow. Whether my expectation for St Patricksday were justified, I’ll let you know;) 

Greetings from Dublin,

Steven

15 comments:

  1. Good-day,

    I'm Mr. Carlos Stev. A reputable, legitimate & accredited lender. We give out loan of all kinds in a very fast and easy way, Personal Loan, Car Loan, Home Loan, Student Loan, Business Loan, Inventor loan, Debt Consolidation. etc

    Get approved for a business or personal loans today and get funds within same week of application. These personal loans can be approved regardless of your credit and there are lots of happy customers to back up this claim. But you won’t only get the personal loan you need; you will get the cheapest one. This is our promise: We guarantee the lowest rate for all loans with free collateral benefits.

    We strive to leave a positive lasting impression by exceeding the expectations of my customers in everything I do. Our goal is to treat you with dignity and respect while providing the highest quality service in a timely manner.

    No social security Number required and no credit check required, 100% Guaranteed.

    So email: carlos_stev@yahoo.co.uk today to apply for a LOAN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone, My name is Courtney Bieneman and i am talking as the happiest person in the whole wide world today and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will tell the name to the whole wild world and i am so happy to say that my family is back for good because i was in need of $186,000.00 USD loan to start my life all over as i am a single mum with 3 kids and the whole world seemed like it was hanging on me until i met this GOD sent loan lender that changed my life and that of my family, a GOD fearing lender, Mr Mason Diego, he was the Savior GOD sent to rescue my family and at first i thought it was not going to be possible until i received my loan of $186,000.00 USD on the 26th/Feb/2015 and i will advise anyone who is in genuine need of a loan to contact Mr. Mason Diego via email at: { diegoloancompany@yahoo.com } because he is the most understanding and kind hearten lender. thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need an urgent loan or financial assistance? Do you want to
    start a new business or you want to clear off your debt? We offer easy
    approval and fast transfer to capable customers under a low interest
    rate. Apply now and change your life contact Mr Johnson on
    charitycorporationafrica@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. TRUSTED LENDER (LEXIELOANCOMPANY@YAHOO.COM)
    My name is Michael Lee a citizen of Illinois, USA. i have been scammed by 7 different Internet international lender, they all promise to give me a loan after making me pay several fees which yield nothing and amounted to no positive result. i lost my hard earn money and it was a total of 23930USD. One day as i was browsing through the internet with tears on my eye i came across a testimony of man who was also scammed and eventually got linked to a legit loan company called MARTINEZ LEXIE LOAN COMPANY where he finally got his loan, so i decided to contact the same loan company and then told them my story on how i have been scammed by 7 different lenders who did nothing but to course me more pain. I explain to the company by mail and all they told me was to cry no more because i will get my loan in their company and also i have made the right choice of contacting them. I filled the loan application form and proceeded with all that was requested of me and to my greatest suprise my loan was granted to me without further delay and here i am today happy because Martinez Lexie Loan Company HAS GIVEN ME A REASON TO LIVE, so i made a vow to my self that i will keep testifying on the internet on how i got my loan. You are to contact this GODSENT LENDER via Email: Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com OR Text +18168926958


    ReplyDelete
  5. FUNDING CIRCLE INC(Fundingcircleplc@yahoo.com)

    Hello am Nathan Davidson a businessman who was able to revive his dying business through the help of a Godsent lender known as Jason Raymond the CEO of FUNDING CIRCLE INC. Am resident at 1542 Main St, Buffalo, NY.. Well are you trying to start a business, settle your debt, expand your existing one, need money to purchase supplies. Have you been having problem trying to secure a Good Credit Facility, I want you to know that FUNDING CIRCLE INC. is the right place for you to resolve all your financial problem because am a living testimony and i can't just keep this to myself when others are looking for a way to be financially lifted.. I want you all to contact this Godsent lender using the details as stated in other to be a partaker of this great opportunity Email: Fundingcircleplc@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +14067326622


    ReplyDelete
  6. This article was composed by a genuine speculation essayist. Assignment Service I concur a considerable lot of the with the strong focuses made by the essayist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you a business man or woman? Do you need funds to start up your own business? Do you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills or start a nice business? Do you need funds to finance your project? We Offers guaranteed loan services of any amount and to any part of the world for (Individuals, Companies, Realtor and Corporate Bodies) at our superb interest rate of 3%. For application and more information send replies to the following E-mail address: standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com
    Thanks and look forward to your prompt reply.
    Regards,
    Muqse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really Appreciate, This impressive post certainly encourages to choose Assignment Help Services. Get Assignment help services by the best

    qualified and experienced assignment experts of Complete My Assignment.
    Mathematics Assignment Help

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. allow me to express my gratitude to the writer of this blog. I must admit it was helpful and looking forward to more info similar to this. In case you are looking for product Ebook writers then eBook ghostwriters is a place to be. Get work done now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best piece of info ever looking forward for more, if you have been complaining about how difficult it is to open a jar, can or bottle at your home and kitchen, in particular, you don’t have to complain anymore. We are offering you a solution today by reviewing the best jar openers you can buy from the market that you can use in your kitchen. Get one from Best Jar Opener for seniors

    ReplyDelete

  11. Thank you for this wonderful information looking forward for more. Certainly, the best quality videos aren’t those recorded with your android phone or iPhone, but those that are recorded with the real camcorder. You will find out that the better the quality your camcorder, the greater the quality of videos you’ll be recording. All from Best 4K Camera Under 1000

    ReplyDelete
  12. don’t where on the internet I would have gotten such a great content thumb up. Did you know?
    Globex Outreach

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete